Toyota doesn't just sponsor football, they love it. As the proud partner of the AFL for the past eight years, football is in their blood. Toyota supports every bounce, kick and mark of the great game regardless of the level played at, to them football is football no matter what.
Toyota's commitment to donating over $2 million to grassroots clubs through the Good For Footy Program serves to keep the game alive and kicking wherever played and at whatever level, helping to harvest new talent along the way. There's no doubt the game is already great, but through their help, Toyota aims to assist in making it safer, and even more enjoyable for all those who pull on the boots each week.
In a commitment to safety in football, Toyota will be providing community clubs with access to the same Axon Sports system used at the AFL level, to conduct Baseline Cognition Testing for all players as part of its Good For Footy Program in 2012. This baseline test is one tool that can be used by a Doctor to help advise a player when it is safe to return to play or training.
Safety is a major priority for Toyota. That's why starting this season, The Toyota Good For Footy Program will offer all youth footballers, age 10 and older, access to an online tool which may help in managing return to play decisions following a concussion. The tool features a brief test completed in the preseason to establish a Baseline of an Athlete's brain speed and accuracy. Results are used by qualified Medical Providers to assist in determining when it's safe for an Athlete to return to the classroom, practice or competitive play.
It's called the Axon Sports Computerized Cognitive Assessment Tool (CCAT). Axon Sports, a subsidiary of CogState, is a provider of online products and services that aid the evaluation and management of sports-related concussions. After creating an account, Athletes can take a Baseline test in eight to 10 minutes; share results with their Parents, Coaches, and Medical Providers; and store for future use. The Axon Sports CCAT features four simple tasks with playing cards which measure processing speed, accuracy, working memory, and learning.
Ready to get started? Please follow the steps below or print one of our Quick Start Guides
- Quick Start Guide-JrAthlete
- Quick Start Guide-AdultAthlete
- Quick Start Guide-League-Club
- Quick Start Guide-Parent
Parental Consent Form
Step 1: Create your Account
• Register for an account by filling in all the required fields (marked with an *)
Step 2: Apply a Voucher
• All Good for Footy players are eligible to receive a free Baseline test for concussion management. Please enter your unique Voucher code which will deposit a test credit(s) into your account.
Step 3: Take a Test
• Practice - A three-minute Practice test is available in the upper right hand corner of the Axon Sports home page, or from your account page after you've created an account and logged in. We recommend all first-time users complete this short Practice test.
• Baseline - Establishes a current snapshot of your brain's speed and accuracy.
• After Injury - Players must see a qualified Medical Professional after a suspected concussion. Your Medical Provider will use an After Injury test and its results to assist in making your cognitive recovery and help determine when you are ready to return to the classroom, practice and competitive play.
Step 4: View Results
• An acceptable test result is noted with a green checkmark. If the report shows a red X, you can test again at no additional cost.
Step 5: Share Results
• Share your test results with others (Parents, Doctors, Athletic Trainers, and Coaches) by entering their email addresses or printing a copy of the PDF. As an alternative, you can print a Certificate of Completion.
While you can perform other activities after you are registered, these five simple steps will help first-time users get started and take a test in about 15 minutes.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU THINK YOUR CHILD HAS A CONCUSSION?
1. Seek medical attention right away. A qualified Medical Provider will be able to determine how serious the concussion is and when it is safe for your child to return to sports.
2. Keep your child out of play. Concussions take time to heal. Don't let your child return to play until a qualified Medical Provider says it is okay.
3. Tell your child's coach about any recent concussion. Coaches should know if your child had a recent concussion in ANY sport.
The Good For Footy Program is a grassroots initiative, allowing Toyota and its Dealers to give back to their local communities by providing financial support for local football clubs. As part of this initiative, metropolitan and regional Toyota Dealers support local clubs through sponsorship and other promotional activities. Funding goes to a variety of club requirements such as improving grounds, renovations of club rooms, training equipment, uniforms, and medical supplies and improving the overall playing and training environment for the club. Learn more.
Toyota Good for Footy Program FAQs
Axon Sports customer service is available via phone (03-9664-1323) or email at email@example.com
FAQs about concussion symptoms, tests, and Axon Sports