Getting Your Medical Practice Started with Axon Sports
To assist you in your efforts to provide Athlete's with best-practice care, Axon Sports provides a user-friendly online tool designed to help you manage sports-related concussions. It's the Axon Sports Computerized Cognitive Assessment Tool (CCAT). This decision-support tool is easy to use, scientifically validated, and quick. Adding the Axon Sports CCAT to your service offerings can help strengthen relationships with your patients, schools, and communities.
Axon Sports recommends that an Athlete complete a Baseline test annually before the first contact practice of the sport season, or in conjunction with a Physician's physical exam. The results of the stored Baseline test can then be used as the comparison for any subsequent After Injury test and serve as an aid for a Physician in determining if and when the Athlete may safely return to the classroom or return to play.
- Is Axon Sports and its Axon Sports CCAT subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)?
- I’ve been given an Athlete’s Axon Sports Baseline test result. What now?
- How do I set up a Clinic account so my patients can automatically share their results with me through Axon Sports?
- Can I bill for the Axon Sports CCAT when used in the clinic?
- How do I interpret an Axon Sports Baseline test result?
- A Baseline test result is mildly worse than a previous result. What does this mean?
- Can I add a Baseline test to an Athlete’s annual physical?
- How can I administer After Injury tests in my clinic?
- My patient has established an acceptable Baseline and now has suffered a concussion. How can I use the Axon Sports CCAT in my concussion management?
- How do I interpret an Axon Sports After Injury test?
- How do I use the Axon Sports CCAT after concussion if the Athlete has not completed and stored an acceptable Baseline test result?
- What is the validity of the Axon Sports CCAT?
- How do I learn more about concussion and its current management?
Guides: Quick Start; User; Medical; Insurance Reimbursement; Group My Athletes
Advanced Baseline Test Result
An open letter from CogState: Validity
Ahead of the Game (Log in or Register to access our online toolkit to help implement and communicate programs at schools, leagues, and clubs